Last month I decided that in October, I would share my Grace In Small Things posts again. For a lot of small reasons but one of the largest is that my husband and I will celebrate our 12th anniversary. Even though ten years is an “occasion” twelve feels more significant for what reason I’m not sure other than I am a bit odd in general.
I would have posted this first round yesterday on October 1st but I was busy enjoying a much needed girls night.
1. Peabody’s husband who loves peanut butter and chocolate as much as I do it seems. His love of the combination inspired his lovely wife to create the Peanut Butter Brownie Torte. I made it yesterday. It tasted as good as her photo looked.
2. Girlfriends who saved me from eating the above mentioned dessert all by myself. Also husbands (mine and my dear friend’s) who also helped save me from eating the whole dessert. And finally boys who tried bites to save their mama from eating the last bit of the whole thing!
3. Bartering. Because it is fun and beneficial.
4. Driving by myself with my tunes turned up loud.
5. Curling up to my husband on the first cold night of the season.
1. Remembering to be patient when patience is the last thing you have on hand.
2. Watching my boy be so excited for his birthday that he’s literally wiggling with joy.
3. Birthday present scheming. Because surprising a birthday boy is so much fun.
4. The infamous green croc the geese keep stealing showing up in strange places. Today it was in the driveway though I am certain we had both crocs in the house!
5. Realizing you are comfortable with your “freak” badge.